America’s Most Trusted® HVAC System
Variable Speed. We started it, then perfected it.
Variable speed is not new technology for Trane. It’s technology perfected. Trane was the first in the industry to apply variable speed technology to residential air conditioning. Now, in its 100th year, Trane brings variable speed technology to the next level, with a system that intuitively adjusts to changing heating and cooling needs, working only as hard as it has to and often at lower, more efficient and quieter speeds.
Trane TruComfortTM technology builds on our tradition of reliability and innovation.
Consistent, Quiet Comfort
Trane TruComfortTM systems deliver precise comfort by running at the exact speed necessary to keep your home comfortable. By lowering output capacity and operating speed, they provide efficient and consistent comfort. Additionally, TruComfortTM heat pumps are able to slow fan speeds down as outdoor temperatures drop to reduce cold spots and use of supplemental heat. What’s more, sound levels are an impressive 55 dB on an air conditioner and 54 dB on a heat pump. For sound comparison, a typical home refrigerator operates at 45 dB.
Enhanced Humidity Control
Trane TruComfortTM systems efficiently circulate air around-the-clock to keep your home’s humidity levels at a minimum. Longer run times at lower speeds consistently remove more moisture from the air, reducing humidity. These reduced humidity levels will allow you to adjust your system to a more efficient setting, while you enjoy improved comfort and efficiency.
For 100 years, Trane has built a legacy of providing comfort systems like no other, featuring uncompromising quality, innovation and reliability. When it comes to heating and cooling homes, people view Trane equipment as the most reliable and the longest lasting in the industry.* The legacy lives on today with Trane’s TruComfortTM Variable Speed systems. The XV20i or XV18, when matched with an indoor variable speed product, creates a whole new level of Trane reliability and consistency that you feel in the air around you and see in month to month energy savings.
* Independent 2012 HVAC Claim Study, funded by Ingersoll Rand
- ComfortLinkTM II Communicating Control Board and Unique Refrigerant Cooled Inverter Drive Powers the compressor and controls communication between components to optimize your comfort and efficiency.
- Climatuff® Variable Speed Compressor The heart of Trane TruComfortTM technology automatically adjusts itself while maintaining constant and consistent speeds that avoid temperature swings in the home. Trane tested, tried and true.
- Compressor Sound Insulator Reduces operating sound for a quieter home environment.
- All-Aluminum Spine FinTM Coil Designed to enhance airflow and heat transfer while resisting corrosion and leaks, far better than traditional copper and aluminum coils.
- WeatherGuardTM II Top Attractive, durable polycarbonate for lasting protection and unique quality design.
- DuraTuffTM Rustproof Basepan Won’t crack, corrode, rust or warp.
- Integrated Fan System’s unique blade-down design improves airflow, enhances performance and reduces sound levels.
- Simplified Two-Wire Connection allows for easier installation while reducing the need for structural modifications.
- Full-Sided Louvered Panels Galvanized steel panels protect internal components while preserving airflow efficiency.
- Powder-Paint Finish Virtually indestructible for maximum protection against corrosion and rust, and years of reliable protection.
- WeatherGuardTM Fasteners Zinc-coated for corrosion resistance and longer life.
|MODEL||COOLING CAPACITY(BTUH)||NOMINAL TONS||HEIGHT (IN.)||WIDTH (IN.)||DEPTH (IN.)|